Sunday, September 26, 2010

More Pics from the Exciting Indra Jatra....





Photos by Kerry Brown

These pics are courtesy of my friend Kerry (a fellow Fulbrighter who was with me at Indra Jatra). They were taken after the initial excitement when I'd been moved to a quieter place to rest and recover.

The first two pictures are of Kumari, the Virgin Goddess, who I described in the original Indra Jatra post. I didn't get to see her because I wasn't allowed to stand up at the time, but I got a play by play report from my friends' cameras!

The third picture shows exactly how I felt when the Red Cross guy suggested finding a stretcher and carrying me accross the square on a stretcher. Fortunately that didn't happen. Instead I walked accross the square heavily supported by Red Cross workers.

I'm not sure what I laughing at here, but apparently someone had said something funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment