Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And the Bag is Found.....in Paris.

My bag lives! But unfortunately it’s living in Paris…. That being said, it is looking more hopeful that my bag may someday reach Kathmandu. Apparently things became mixed up at the Newark Airport, and instead of them sending my bag to Nepal, they sent it to Paris. Not sure how you can confuse the two. Although Nepal was having Fashion Week that week….

Obviously I spent much of today at the airport. I was so happy to FINALLY have a relatively informative trip to the airport – between my parents and I, there have been many trips that proved frustrating and fruitless. If I can get my luggage back, I will be thrilled to pieces!

Other tidbits from the last few days:

I AMAZED myself when I walked all the way from our apartment to the Fulbright Office, to the store near the bank where I purchased my contacts, to the post office and back without getting lost. I was proud as a peacock :)

On the other side of that coin lurks another bleary-eyed wander though. Swetha and I decided that we were going to a place in a nearby neighborhood that had waffles and free WIFI. Basically it sounded like the perfect restaurant. So we begin walking towards Naxal, confident that we would find it quickly because Naxal’s not that big. Once again, 2 hours later, we finally stumbled upon Mike’s Breakfast. To make things worse, when we found it, it was a place we had passed no less than 4 times. I have to give us credit though; we are some seriously determined ladies. Besides, the sign was covered by moss and there was a pizza sign above that kept confusing us.

Tomorrow is Indra Jatra, a holiday that celebrates the goddess Indra. It’s supposed to be an awesome celebration in Nepal and I can’t wait to see it! I’ll do my best to post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment