Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Diwali in Pictures!


Rock concert in our yard during Diwali - amps, electric guitars, bass, set of drums, mics, groupies, dancers....


The first group of musicians to stop by. We were so confused about what was happening! I snuck out to take a picture but didn't know I was supposed to be the audience...


Subhaum, Amardeep's son. He's so cute and smiley; I was thrilled to get a picture that did him justice!


Sagaon, Sudip's son. He LOVED Diwali and the fact he got to play with sparklers. Having playmates (me and Swetha) got him even more excited. After deciding the other day that my laptop case was too boring, Sagaon gave me one of his coveted Spiderman stickers. I now have a seriously cool laptop case...


Swetha playing with some of the hardcore firecrackers we had. I think everyone got a bit burned by these - I've never seen anything close in the States.


The fun spinning firecrackers. Once you light these, everyone stands in a circle jumping and kicking the sparkler to others. Definitely one of the more enjoyable firecrackers we had.


This picture was actually supposed to be below the picture of the Shiva statue, but it's here to show just how large the statue was. It was HUGE!


The statue of Shiva. I believe it stands 173 meters? Somewhere around there. It was commissioned by a spa to draw tourists in, and all around the statue there are advertisements for spa services. I think they made the trail extra long and steep so tourists would need spa services by the time they got to the top!


The veiw from the statue of the Kavre area. I love coming to Banepa and seeing the scenery change from smoggy and crowded to green and peaceful.


I think Swetha captioned this one best when she saw it: "The beginning of the worst bus ride of your life..."

No comments:

Post a Comment